16 Oct Welcome Back
3rd September 2019
I hope that you have all had a lovely summer break and that your child/ren are ready to return to school on Wednesday the 4th of September.
I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some housekeeping requirements for the coming year:
- The school gates open at 15 with the school days starting at 8.45, anyone arriving after this time will be marked as late in the register with subsequent consequence to reflect lost time.
- Full Daubeney uniform with black shoes are to be worn at all times, including during PE
- Make up is permitted but must be at an acceptable level, if deemed inappropriate your child will be asked to remove it
- Facial piercings are not permitted
- Nail varnish or acrylics are not permitted
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted
- Phones are permitted in school but are not to be used during the school day
- Each pupil needs to bring a water bottle to school which can be refilled during break and lunch at the water fountain
Daubeney is a ‘nut free’ and ‘aerosol free’ (deodorants/body sprays) school due to students who have severe allergies to any products containing nuts or the contents of aerosols if sprayed inappropriately.
Appointments – I ask that any appointments are made outside of school hours, however if an urgent appointment is required during the school day we will need to see proof of the appointment for our records. We also ask that you advise your child what time they will need to be at the office to be picked up.
Medicine – If your child requires medication I ask that you medicate them before school and if medicine is required during the school day we will contact you. If your child has an ongoing illness/condition that requires medication regularly please visit the school office to complete a medical form and we will retain the medicine in or locked medical cabinet.
Lunch – Lunch break is between 1.30pm and 2pm. Lunch is served by our catering department at 1.30 with the last pupil being served at 1.50pm. This is to ensure that children eat their lunch in good time for the start of period 5. Please advise your child that they are required to remain in the lunch queue in order to fulfil this timescale.
School trips – Trips will be varied through the year and all pupils will be given the opportunity to attend trips if it is relevant to their studies or the year group they are in. However, participation on any school trips will be dependent on behaviour, attendance and punctuality during the school year.
Parent Mail – Daubeney is a cashless school with all payments being made via Parent Mail, please ensure that an up to date e-mail address is provided to the school and that you are connected to this system
Myself and all the staff at Daubeney look forward to seeing your child/ren tomorrow for the new school year.
Mr M Lee
Head of School